Imagine waking up every morning to the melodious chirping of birds? This can be music to your ears. Most people who have a garden are used to birds, but very few people actually pay attention to the different species of birds thatvisit their gardens. There are many different types of birds, and some birds coming into your garden may also be rare ones.
Here are some different types of birds that you might have seen or heard about previously:
- The Eastern bluebird is quite a frequent visitor of gardens and orchards. It is around 6.5 inches long and the dorsal part of the body is a vibrant blue while the ventral is white. The female of this species has blue and gray feathers on the head.
- Doves, the symbol of peace and love, are smaller in size when compared to pigeons. However, their tails are longer. Usually doves are white in color and are found all over the world.
- If you live near the sea or a marsh, you might have seen the bald eagle flying high in the sky. This bird of prey is rather large with a big wingspan. The tail and the head are white, while the beak is hooked and yellow in color.
- Owls are night birds and you can hear them hooting when you may be getting ready for bed. If you have an outhouse or barn in your backyard, you can be sure that the owls have made a nest there. They live on small mammals like mice, small birds and insects.
- Did you know that penguins are birds? That is why they are in this list. These flightless birds live in the southern hemisphere, and the Emperor Penguin is the largest specie, though there are other smaller varieties. You can even find some species of penguins in the temperate zone.
More Articles :