Did you know that there are more than 200 different pigeon species found in the wild? If you are planning to have one as a pet, read on to find out more. The numerous colors and sizes to choose from can send your head spinning. So select after doing some research.
Different Types of Pigeon:
- Antwerp: This pigeon has a broad breast and is one of the largest types of pigeons found in Belgium. You have numerous colors to choose from. It has characteristic red eyes, a small black beak and crimson red feet
- Archangel: If you are having a space constraint, you can go in for smaller pigeons like an archangel. It has beautifully colored feathers and is known to stand erect unlike other pigeons.
- Barb: It is medium sized and is native to England and North Africa. This kind of pigeon has a thick curved beak, and a small neck to support its long body. These birds have flesh around the eyes which is known as cere.
- Carrier: As the name suggests these birds were historically known to carry messages form one place to the other. They are available in numerous colors like red, yellow, blue, white, and black. They have a large body.
- Fantail: It is native to India and is characterized by a small head, a slim neck and fan shaped tail. You have numerous colors to choose from like yellow, red, blue, silver, dun, etc.
- Florentine: It is native to Italy and looks like a hen. It stands out from the rest because of its unique colored head, wings and tails.
So the next time you are planning to have a pigeon as a pet, remember that you have over 200 options to choose from!
More Articles :