If you have a cat, you know that it will go to your yard to relieve itself, to dig up the plants or to frighten birds, squirrels and tortoises in your garden. You might be at your wits end trying to figure out how to keep cats out of your yard. Well, here are some tips that will help you.
For one thing is that with a cat, you do not want to use traps or mothballs as they might be dangerous or poisonous for your cat. Besides that, using mothballs will harm your family members too as they can cause liver damage in humans. So, the next best alternative for you is to try some home recipes and remedies to keep cats out of your yard.
The following cat repellants can be made at home and used in your yard to keep not just your cat but the entire neighborhood's cats!
- Make a mixture of vinegar and liquid hand washing soap. Make sure that you take both the ingredients in equal quantities. Then put into a handheld sprayer and liberally spray your garden with it. This will surely keep the cats off your yard.
- There are some kitchen ingredients that cats abhor; actually it is the smell or odor of the ingredients that they do not like. Some of these are crushed garlic, Cayenne pepper, lemon and cinnamon. In fact, you can mix all these ingredients together with a little bit of water and sugar to make a cat repellant that can be sprayed around your yard.
- Mix rosemary essential oil with water and use this concoction to spray in the areas where cats seem to frequent.
- You can also plant a bush named Coleus Canina. This bush has gray and green leaves with tiny blue flowers. Cats cannot stand the odor emitted by this bush. So, plant it in your garden to keep cats away.
- Take a green orange and squeeze it. Add the juice to warm water and then spray your garden with it. This will surely keep the cats away from your garden.
- You can place ground coffee pods and rinds of all citrus fruits in your garden and flowerbeds to keep off the cats.
More Articles :
- How To Shear Your Cat ?
- Houseplants That Cats Will Not Eat
- Causes Of Weight Loss In Cats
- How To Get Over A Dead Cat ?
- How To Keep Cats Out Of Yard ?
- Make Your Own Natural Cat Repellant
- Rabies Symptoms In Cats
- Siamese Cats Facts
- Smells That Cats Hate
- Symptoms Of Cat Dying
- What Does A Himalayan Cat Look Like ?
- What Table Food Can Cats Eat ?
- What To Feed Old Cats ?
- World Record Of Largest Cat