Shih Tzu is a breed which is popular for its good looks. The coat is trimmed or left uncut. The hair on the head is left uncut and styled in many ways. Some of the most common Shih Tzu hairstyles are listed below.
Shih Tzu Hairstyles:
- Top knot: This is the most preferred style. In a daily wear top knot, the hair on top of the head gets secured in to latex bands in one or more sections. For the show purposes, the pony above the band may be curled and ironed or a bow may get fixed for a more polished look.
- Braids: The hair on the head is split in to sections and these are braided separately. All these braids can be left to hang along the sides of the ear or can be secured to form one single braid. Alternately, the top knot on the head can be braided along with the braids on the sides.
- Pig-tail: The long hair on the ears can be secured in to bands and a bow can be affixed on top of the ear.
- Mohawk: The long hair on the head is made to stand up by using a gel or hair paste.
- Fu Manchu: The hair on the beard and the ear is combed downwards and trimmed to get them in to an even level at the bottom of the face while the hair on the rest of the body is maintained very short.
- Pageboy: The hair of the beard is trimmed just under the chin level. The hair of the ears is combed downwards and trimmed straight to maintain its level longer than that of the beard.
More Articles :