The ocean has intrigued scientists and laypeople for centuries. It is full of mystery, and the strange marine life can be awe-inspiring. One of the reasons for fascinating people is the depth of the ocean. Some of the areas of the ocean are so deep that they never see daylight or sun, but even then marine life flourish, and this is rather intriguing and fascinating.
Some of the strange ocean fish that you can find deep in the heart of the ocean are as follows:
- Viper fish found at a depth of around eight hundred meters to one thousand five hundred meters. The fish has extremely large eyes, and this is an adaptation as at that depth, the fish needs to capture as much light as possible to see the world around it. Some viper fish contain photophores on their dorsal fin, which shines when light hits it. This is used as lure to attract unsuspecting prey. A viper fish is completely black in color.
- Gulper eel is another type of fish that is found at the same depth as the viper fish. The eel has a head that can rotate, and this feature is primarily used when the eel captures a prey that is large in size. The eel has a large stomach and mouth and this allows it to prey on marine life that is nearly as big as it is.
- The abyssobrotula galatheae is the fish that is found in the deepest part of the ocean at a depth of eight kilometers. Not much is known about this fish as it cannot survive above a certain depth, and hence scientists have not been able to find out anything about its characteristics or features.
- Another strange ocean fish is the brotulid. It is found at a depth of seven thousand meters, and hence not much is known about it. However, scientists believe that the brotulid does have any eyes, but it has other adaptations that make up for lacking eyes.
More Articles :
- How Do I Cook Fish In The Oven ?
- Side Effects Fish Oil
- Strange Ocean Fish
- Types Of Fish Found In The Ocean
- What Do Koi Fish Symbolize ?
- What Does Fish Oil Do For The Body ?
- What Fish Eat The Flounder ?
- What Kind Of Fish Do Dolphins Eat ?
- What Kind Of Fish Do The Pink Dolphins Eat ?
- What Kind Of Fish Is Dory From Finding Nemo ?
- What Kind Of Fish Is Tilapia ?