Kids love rabbits because from a young age they are read stories about rabbits. However, you can enhance the knowledge of your kids beyond what is available in storybooks. Here are some rabbit facts for kids that all children would love to know.
Rabbit Facts for Kids:
- The smallest rabbit in the wild is known as pygmy rabbit or Little Idaho rabbit. This breed of rabbit weighs less than a pound.
- A female rabbit is known as a doe and usually litters around 1 to 12 baby rabbits, which are known as kittens or kits.
- The lifespan of a rabbit on an average is 8 to 12 years. However, there have been instances when rabbits have lived up to 19 years.
- Rabbits can jump up to a height of 36 inches, and one rabbit recorded a jump of one meter.
- The longest jump by a rabbit is three meters.
- Rabbits have a total of 18 toenails on their four feet. They have 4 toenails on each of the hind legs and 5 on each of their front legs.
- Rabbits are available in over 150 colors and combinations, but they have only 5 known eye colors, which are brown, blue grey, blue, pink and marble.
- Behind each incisor on the upper jaw, rabbits have a second tooth growing. These extra teeth are known as peg teeth because they are shaped like a peg.
- Rabbits are capable of seeing behind their heads without turning or rotating their heads.
- Rabbits cannot reproduce in summer and only produce babies when the temperature cools down.
- Breeding Rabbits
- Can Rabbits Eat Guinea Pig Food ?
- How Long Do Rabbits Live ?
- Interesting Facts About Rabbits
- Plans For Building Rabbit Cages
- Rabbit Facts For Kids
- Tips On Taking Care Of Rabbits
- Types Of Rabbits
- What Is A Female Rabbit Called ?
- What Is A Male Rabbit Called ?
- What Is The Difference Between A Rabbit And A Hare ?
- What Kind Of Food Do Wild Rabbits Eat ?
- Where Do Most Rabbits Live ?
- Where Do Wild Rabbits Live ?
- Worlds Largest Rabbit
More Articles :