List Of Famous Poets
Most people who read are influenced by poetry at some point or the other in their lives. We read poetry as a part of growing up, and they always awake a literary sense in us. Reading poetry is like going through a journey within. Also, poets are immortalized through their work, and people remember them forever. There have been several poets who were famous and have contributed a large amount of work to the society.
Famous poets have influenced and directed people towards a goal in times of strife and difficulties. During war, for example, poets have encouraged people to fight for the right cause and also have entertained them. They provided a great source of inspiration.
Some of the greatest poets in history are:
- William Blake (November 28, 1757 - August 12, 1827)
- Robert Frost (March 26, 1874 - January 29, 1963)
- Emily Dickinson (December 10, 1830 - May 15, 1886)
- Edgar Allan Poe (January 19, 1809 - October 7, 1849)
- William Shakespeare (Died on April 23, 1616)
- Oscar Wilde (October 16, 1854 - November 30, 1900)
There are several more famous poets, and the works of these poets have been widely read and acclaimed. Some poets write humor and some on love, some people write about life and death and some about freedom. These poems have had a great impact on humanity and also a profound effect on the society. Poems breed a healthy culture and unknowingly we get inspired.
More Articles :