Best Charity To Donate Hair
If you happen to have long hair, which you plan to trim down, then why should you not consider donating them for a charity purpose? Donating your hair is one of the easiest ways to show your support for a good charity. Many charities would gladly welcome you to make that donation. Some best known charities are:
Locks of Love -- This fantastic charity would use your donation of hair to make wigs for children who suffer from medical hair loss for a long time. The requirements to donate your hair are:
- Hair should be at least 10 inches in length as a pony tail.
- Gray hair is accepted for donation but, since they cannot be used for making wigs for kids, they are sold off to cover for their manufacturing expenses.
- Hair should not be bleached
- Hair can be colored permanently or permed.
Pantene Beautiful Lengths -- Pantene uses the hair from donation to make wigs for women who have suffered hair loss in their treatments against cancer. The requirements for the donation are:
- Hair should be at least 8 inches in length as a pony tail. The measure is taken right at the ponytail till the ends. Curly or wavy hairs are straightened for measuring.
- Hair should be washed freshly, without any kind of styling products applied on them.
- The hair should not have gray hair more than 5 percent
- The hair should not be bleached or colored permanently or treated chemically.
Matter of Trust -- This is a very good program that accepts donations of hair with no regards to length for helping cleaning up the oil spills. They do not accept donations only from salons, but also from schools and other places.
More Articles :