Sigmund Freud, the father of psychoanalysis, published a book titled The Interpretation of Dreams. His theories revolutionized the study and perspective of this field.
Freud believed that dreams are nothing but unfulfilled desires which manifest at different points of times during sleep. The actual imagery that the dreamer sees is a disguised form of some unconscious content.
There are 4 elements which constitute the process of dreaming. They are as follows:
- Condensation - This is culmination of various ideas or concepts that come and engulf in one single dream. A single image or a thought can contain a lot of information from the sub conscious mind
- Displacement - Due to this, the basic latent content is confused due to the insignificant parts that come in disguise and distract the focus
- Symbolization - The repressed ideas in the human mind are censored. Objects that symbolize the main dormant content appear in the dream
- Secondary Revision - The appearance of bizarre and irrelevant sequence of symbols and events start reorganizing and the dreamer starts comprehending his imagination.
Freud believed that dreams never occurred by any coincidence and every thought or action has an underlying meaning that stems from the unconscious level. Our mind is divided into 3 aspects -- Id centered on our impulses, Ego which is concerned with the conscious mind and Superego which enforces certain moral control. In order to adapt to our society, we suppress a lot of impulses and urges and we tend to release it in some way. Dreams are those hidden urges which start manifesting itself in disguised symbols forms.
More Articles :
- Biblical Dream Interpretation
- Dream Interpretation And Bee Sting
- Dream Interpretation And Finding Money
- Dream Interpretation And Flying
- Dream Interpretation And Meaning
- Dream Interpretation And Teeth Fall Out
- Dream Interpretation And Teeth Falling Out
- Dream Interpretation Dictionary
- Freud Theory Of Dream Interpretation
- Lottery And Dream Interpretation Numbers