Here are some gardening tips to water plants while away on vacation:
- For outdoor potted plants, use your garage. A garage is normally dark and cool and the ideal place to keep plants so that they do not dry up. However, this method is only okay for short trips of 5 to 6 days. Once you return, you water the plants well and take them out and keep them shade for some time.
- If you do not have an automatic sprinkler system, you can fix soaker or drip type hose to the pots and turn the faucet on just a little bit so that the pots get continuous water but in small and tiny quantities.
- You can also use your bathtub to make sure that your plants are well watered during your vacation. This method is perfect for house plants. Just fill your bath tub with a little bit of water and then gently lower the pots into the tub. Make sure you do not put too much water into the tub or your plants will drown.
- You can place plastic saucers or pie tin with water under each pot. This method works for both outdoor plants as well as house plants.
- If you have an automatic sprinkler system for your garden, you can use it to water your potted plants. Make sure you place the pots where the sprinklers will hit them.
More Articles :
- Beginning Flower Gardening Tips
- Gardening Tips For Growth Tomato Plants
- Gardening Tips For Hydrangea
- Gardening Tips To Water Plants While Away On Vacation
- How To Measure Plant Nutrients
- Indoor Gardening Design Ideas
- Plant Nutrients That Affect Water Quality
- What Light Should I Use For Indoor Gardening ?