If you have a garden, you know that pests will automatically come. However, with children and pets around, it is not always the wisest thing to use chemical pesticides. That is why many people are opting for homemade lawn pesticides to get rid of those pesky pests that keep appearing throughout the year.
Here are some homemade lawn pesticides that you can use in your garden:
- Make a spray with hot chili peppers, onions or garlic using water. Add a drop of dish washing liquid to make the spray more viscous and you can use it without any worries on plants that are infested with pests.
- If you are not too worried about grinding up some bugs and insects from your lawn, then take a handful of the problem causing pest and blend them in your blender. Now put this paste into a shallow dish and place the dish where the problem pest is located. You will be amazed to see how well this works.
- Use diatomaceous earth to get rid of snails and slugs. The earth contains sharp pieces that are not visible to the naked eye and end up piercing the soft body of these insects and killing them.
- If any of your fruit trees are infested with bugs and insects, make a mixture of cooking oil and soapy water and put this on the bark of the tree. It will kill all the eggs of the bugs and insects.
- To get rid of beetles, take one gallon of water and mix a quarter pound of cedar chips into it. Let this mixture sit for around two hours and then spray it on the beetles.
- You can get rid of aphids and beetles using their favorite color yellow. Take a yellow pan and pour some soapy water into it and let the pan stand in the lawn. The aphids and beetles will be attracted to the pan and will suffocate in the soapy water.
- Mix rhubarb leaves or tobacco leaves in water and use it to spray the lawn and flowers. However, do remember that this mixture is also toxic to humans so do not spray on fruits and vegetables and make sure you wear the proper protective gear when handling it. Wash your hands after spraying.
More Articles :