Slugs can be a real problem to handle with because they may just not allow your flower beds to bloom and would also be eating away all the leaves. There are many ways to deal with the slug issue.
Some feel keeping a saucer of beer near your plants helps and some feel that one may have to resort to other tactics. One such thing that can be used for these slugs is diatomaceous earth which can be sprinkled around the plants. This earth actually contains sharp edges that can tear the bellies of these slugs and thereby killing them. But while using the earth, it should be remembered that it cause irritation to the eyes and the lungs and you should protective gear while using and handling it.
If these things do not work, then maybe you can try installing copper stripping around plants and flower beds. However, before doing this one needs to make sure that all the slugs are first removed. This can be quite an effective of keeping the slugs away because slugs do not cross copper. Sometimes sprinkling lime around the plants also keeps slugs away. One can also try spreading well crushed egg shells.
One of the most important things to do to prevent slugs is to reduce the moist spots in the flowerbed such as empty flower pots or piles of wood etc. This is where the slugs survive during the sunny days.
You need not be worried sick about the slug problem as there are so many options available to deal with slugs in the flower beds.
More Articles :
- Concrete Block Flower Bed Construction
- Free Flower Bed Design Plan
- How To Cut A Flower Bed With A Spade Shovel ?
- How To Cut A Flower Bed ?
- How To Get Rid Of Slugs In Flower Beds ?
- How To Keep Cats From Crapping In Your Flower Beds ?
- How To Keep My Dogs Out Of My Flower Beds ?
- How To Kill Grass In Flower Beds ?
- How To Make Rustic Flower Bed ?
- Is There Any Edible Plants To Line A Flower Bed ?
- Replacing Bricks Around Flower Bed
- Waterfall In Flower Bed
- When To Water Flower Beds ?