Flower bed with colorful plants and flowers may be a very beautiful sight but when the same flower beds have grass growing in them, they can be very distracting and troublesome to remove. It is actually a tough job to keep this grass away, but there are ways to do it.
It is not very difficult to remove this grass from the flower bed. One can either do it with one’s own hands with the help of a spade or one can do it with a sod cutter. It is also ok to use a herbicide but one cannot use it generally in the flowerbed. It has to be specifically used on the grass. There are different products like Preen which help in killing only the grass and the weeds and not the flowers.
Once the grass and the weeds have been removed, you can cover the flower bed with thick layers of newspapers and put mulch on top of that. This is an excellent way of getting rid of the grass. You can also apply Preen on the flower bed after all the grass is removed. This will keep your flower bed free of grass for quite some time. Once again when you start seeing some grass growing you can pluck them out and apply Preen again for a few months of relief. Also, if one can manage to remove the grass early itself, they may not get enough time to develop roots and hence, there may not be much of grass growing at all.
More Articles :
- Concrete Block Flower Bed Construction
- Free Flower Bed Design Plan
- How To Cut A Flower Bed With A Spade Shovel ?
- How To Cut A Flower Bed ?
- How To Get Rid Of Slugs In Flower Beds ?
- How To Keep Cats From Crapping In Your Flower Beds ?
- How To Keep My Dogs Out Of My Flower Beds ?
- How To Kill Grass In Flower Beds ?
- How To Make Rustic Flower Bed ?
- Is There Any Edible Plants To Line A Flower Bed ?
- Replacing Bricks Around Flower Bed
- Waterfall In Flower Bed
- When To Water Flower Beds ?