Watermelon is a huge fruit. It is as a big as a pumpkin, and each fruit can weigh up to 10 pounds each. It is a green colored fruit on the outside, and the inside is bright red, and it has many black seeds.
Watermelon has high water content. Watermelon has a high concentration of lycopene, which is an effective antioxidant. It also has anticancer properties.Watermelon is a favorite meal or snack for several people. The rich water content gives a feeling of juiciness in the fruit. Watermelon has no fat, sodium or cholesterol. It is a rich source of vitamins A and C.
Watermelon can be had fresh, or as a juice or salsa. In whichever way, it tastes very good. Eating watermelons in summers helps to keep the body cool and also the water levels stable. It is a cooling fruit and instantly relieves the body heat.
You can make fruit salads along with water melons. Usually it is a crisp but fleshy fruit. When you are choosing a fruit you should go for one that is symmetrically shaped and does not have many markings or cracks on it. The size of the fruit is so huge that if you drop it, there will be a crack or the fruit can instantly break. It is appetizing as well as a wholesome fruit. Generally if you eat a few slices of water melon you feel full, and hunger is satiated immediately. Also, the body digests the fruit instantly.
More Articles :
- Are Fruit Smoothies Fattening ?
- Are Pumpkins Considered A Fruit Vegetable ?
- Cherry Fruit Nutrition
- Different Types Of Fruit
- Facts About The Apple
- Fruit Alphabetical List
- How Do I Make Flower Shapes Out Of Fruit ?
- How To Make A Healthy Fruit Salad ?
- How To Make Fruit Look Like Flowers ?
- Is A Cherry A Berry Or A Fruit ?
- Is A Pumpkin A Fruit Or Vegetable ?
- Is Avocado A Fruit Or Vegetable ?
- Is Cucumber A Fruit A Vegetable ?
- Is Watermelon A Fruit ? Or Vegetable ?
- Is Watermelon A Fruit ?
- What Is The Difference Between A Fruit And A Vegetable ?
- What Kind Of Fruit Is A Pineapple ?
- Why Is A Tomato A Fruit ?