Orange is a hybrid citrus fruit that is cultivated mainly in Florida in the United States. Florida and Mexico stand as the largest producers of oranges today.
However, the origin of orange trace back to India and other Southeast Asian countries. Orange is known for its high nutritional value. In fact, in Chinese and Indian cuisines even the rind of orange is used for flavoring or garnishing dishes. Modern cooks even use the rinds of orange to flavor desserts.Orange is not only tasty, but also works against several diseases. It increases the strength of the immune system, heals wounds faster, and also fights bacteria and viruses. There are several health benefits of orange and orange juice.
The following is the nutritional value of an orange:
- Vitamin A - 190 IU
- Vitamin B - Thiamine .08 mg
- Vitamin C - 49 mg
- Calcium - 33 mg
- Phosphorus - 23 mg
- Potassium - 300 mg
- Calories - 60
Apart from the above mentioned minerals and vitamins, the orange also contains the following:
- Folic Acid
More Articles :
- Description Of The Orange Fruit
- Facts About Orange Juice
- History Of Mandarin Orange
- History Of Orange Fruit
- History Of Orange Juice
- How Long Does It Take To Grow An Orange ?
- How To Plant Orange Seeds ?
- Orange Migraine Treatment
- Vitamins In Orange Juice
- What Is Inside An Orange Fruit ?
- What Is Orange Juice Made Of ?
- What Is The Nutritional Value Of An Orange ?