If you want pineapple throughout the year, then you need to find ways of storing it. Frozen pineapple can be used for several things like pizza toppings, or as dessert, fruit salads, ice cream toppings and several other things.
A pineapple is very tasty and sweet.It is actually not related to the pine or the apple. It just resembles a pine cone in appearance. That is where it got its name from. However, cutting and storing a pineapple takes a lot of effort. First of all you have to peel the thorny skin from the top of the pineapple and then cut the pineapple. The insides of the pineapple are also full of thorns too. That is when you cut it up into slices you will see small brown thorns sticking out of the pulp. You will have to carefully remove these before you serve the fruit so that the thorns do not get stuck in your throat when you eat the slices.
You can cut the fruit up into small pieces and store them in a Ziploc packet or you can slice it up and store it in the freezer. Make sure you pour the juice over the pieces before freezing them. Avoid storing it in sugar syrup as it serves no purpose and just adds to the calories. In order to freeze the pineapple, make sure you have cleaned them thoroughly from the thorns. Cut it up into small pieces and then put them in a can or a freezer bag and store it. Pineapple stored in the freezer stays for up to one year. Beyond this time period, it is not advisable to use the stores pineapple.
More Articles :
- Can You Freeze Fresh Pineapple ?
- How Do You Cut A Pineapple ?
- How Long Does It Take To Grow A Pineapple ?
- How Many Calories In Pineapple ?
- How To Pick A Ripe Pineapple ?
- How To Root A Pineapple ?
- How To Take Care Of A Pineapple Plant ?
- Is Pineapple Good For You ?
- Pineapple Nutritional Facts
- Unique Facts About The Pineapple
- What Does The Pineapple Symbolize ?
- What Is The Life Cycle Of A Pineapple ?
- What Kind Of Fruit Is A Pineapple ?
- What Vitamins Are In Pineapple ?
- When Is A Pineapple Ripe ?