Did you know that while cutting a pineapple, you tend to throw away most of the stuff? It is true no matter how harsh it may sound.
Pineapple is a delicious fruit, but it comes packed with thorns and unless you clean the thorns completely, you cannot really eat the fruit. Cutting a pineapple is quite an art by itself, and something to learn from your grandmother.It is not quite rewarding to cut a pineapple that is under ripe. So you might want to wait until the pineapple gets completely ripe. You will know because it will turn full brown in color. However, if the pineapple sports a green color, then you should avoid it completely as it is not yet ripe enough to consume. The best and ripe pineapple is golden brown in appearance, and it is easy to identify. You will also smell the strong pineapple fragrance from it. You might want to use a good knife that is strong enough to cut through the tough exterior skin of the pineapple.
Cut the skin of the pineapple from the top to the bottom. The top is where the leaves are. It is normal to see brown spots all over the fruit as you are peeling the skin. However, it is not possible to remove the skin with a peeler. Also, make sure to use a flexible knife that will follow the curve of the pineapple. Remove the leaves and start slicing the pineapple. Then you have to remove of the thorns that seem to jut out of every slice. It could take some time, but it is worth all the effort you put in.
More Articles :
- Can You Freeze Fresh Pineapple ?
- How Do You Cut A Pineapple ?
- How Long Does It Take To Grow A Pineapple ?
- How Many Calories In Pineapple ?
- How To Pick A Ripe Pineapple ?
- How To Root A Pineapple ?
- How To Take Care Of A Pineapple Plant ?
- Is Pineapple Good For You ?
- Pineapple Nutritional Facts
- Unique Facts About The Pineapple
- What Does The Pineapple Symbolize ?
- What Is The Life Cycle Of A Pineapple ?
- What Kind Of Fruit Is A Pineapple ?
- What Vitamins Are In Pineapple ?
- When Is A Pineapple Ripe ?