Pineapple is a lovely fruit, and it is great to have if it is available throughout the year. However, growing a pineapple needs perfect weather conditions, and only then you can have the plant grow.
Growing a pineapple can be quite complicated actually. First you have to understand the process.First of all you are used to plants growing out of seeds that germinate and then you need to take care of them. However, growing a pineapple is a whole new ball game. The seed for the next plant is the top of the pineapple that most people tend to discard most of the times. In order to grow the plant, peel one fourth of the bottom leaves in the plant and expose the stem. If you take a closer look the stem is full of smaller brown spikes. These are actually the roots of the pineapple, and this is where the roots come from when you plant this part of the pineapple into the ground.
If you put the whole pineapple in the ground, it is till possible to grow a plant. Put the head of the pineapple in a six-inch pot and then watch it. Leave it in a shady area of the kitchen. The pineapple plant should typically take 4 to 6 weeks to take root. Once it forms the root, you will see the plant growing and also new leaves coming out of the branch on the top.
Pineapple is a fruit that carries its roots along with it. There are no seeds to grow the plant. The pineapple top is the most valuable material in growing the plant.
More Articles :
- Can You Freeze Fresh Pineapple ?
- How Do You Cut A Pineapple ?
- How Long Does It Take To Grow A Pineapple ?
- How Many Calories In Pineapple ?
- How To Pick A Ripe Pineapple ?
- How To Root A Pineapple ?
- How To Take Care Of A Pineapple Plant ?
- Is Pineapple Good For You ?
- Pineapple Nutritional Facts
- Unique Facts About The Pineapple
- What Does The Pineapple Symbolize ?
- What Is The Life Cycle Of A Pineapple ?
- What Kind Of Fruit Is A Pineapple ?
- What Vitamins Are In Pineapple ?
- When Is A Pineapple Ripe ?