Pineapple is a very delicious fruit. One of the amazing facts about pineapple is that it is neither related to the apple or the pine.
The Spanish named it as pineapple because it resembled the pine cone in shape. When it comes to picking a pineapple, it takes some amount of experience in determining a ripe pineapple and when it is ready to eat.A ripe pineapple is the best way to eat it because you may have a tough experience trying to eat a raw one. If you have to pick a ripe pineapple in a store, then you should know that you need to smell it. A pineapple is covered with thorny skin so you might want to put it away from your nose and then smell it. If it is ripe enough it will give it a sweet pineapple smell or else it will smell like raw leaves.
Another way to tell if a pineapple is ripe or not, is by the color of it. When a pineapple is ripe it will be brown in color and it will be less green. Always remember that if you see more of green on the pineapple, then it is not ripe enough, and if you see more of brown on the pineapple, then it is ripe enough. However, the browner it is, the tastier the fruit is, and also means the more cleaning you have to do.
Pineapple is an interesting fruit because the more you have it, the more you seem to enjoy and relish it.
More Articles :
- Can You Freeze Fresh Pineapple ?
- How Do You Cut A Pineapple ?
- How Long Does It Take To Grow A Pineapple ?
- How Many Calories In Pineapple ?
- How To Pick A Ripe Pineapple ?
- How To Root A Pineapple ?
- How To Take Care Of A Pineapple Plant ?
- Is Pineapple Good For You ?
- Pineapple Nutritional Facts
- Unique Facts About The Pineapple
- What Does The Pineapple Symbolize ?
- What Is The Life Cycle Of A Pineapple ?
- What Kind Of Fruit Is A Pineapple ?
- What Vitamins Are In Pineapple ?
- When Is A Pineapple Ripe ?