Pineapple is a tropical fruit, and it is very popular in the United States. It is consumed as much bananas in the country. Eating pineapple has several health benefits. It cures several digestion problems, joint aches and even blood pressure problems.
Here are some unique facts about the pineapple:
- Pineapple is actually not a fruit, and it grows as a part of the stem. It is called the fruit of bromeliad. It rises from the center, and then it has spiked leaves on it. So, it is actually a branch of the tree.
- The little brown spots which most people think are thorns are actually the roots of the plant.
- The pineapple plant is the only unique kind of bromeliad plant that produces edible fruit.
- Every year, pineapple plant's fruits get smaller and smaller. People who grow it commercially can get the benefit of the harvest only in the initial two or three years.
- A normal pineapple weighs about four to five pounds, but well grown pineapple can weigh up to 20 pounds.
- The waste parts of the pineapple like the stock and the leaves are used to make alcohol, and vinegar. They are also fed to cattle.
- The pineapple plant is the native of Brazil and Paraguay. It was taken all over the world by the Portuguese sailors. Hawaii is the biggest producer of pineapple today.
- The pineapple plant takes about 18 months to give fruit and grow to its original height.
- There are more than three varieties of pineapple that are sold in the United States, and the Smooth Cayenne is the most popular one.
More Articles :
- Can You Freeze Fresh Pineapple ?
- How Do You Cut A Pineapple ?
- How Long Does It Take To Grow A Pineapple ?
- How Many Calories In Pineapple ?
- How To Pick A Ripe Pineapple ?
- How To Root A Pineapple ?
- How To Take Care Of A Pineapple Plant ?
- Is Pineapple Good For You ?
- Pineapple Nutritional Facts
- Unique Facts About The Pineapple
- What Does The Pineapple Symbolize ?
- What Is The Life Cycle Of A Pineapple ?
- What Kind Of Fruit Is A Pineapple ?
- What Vitamins Are In Pineapple ?
- When Is A Pineapple Ripe ?