Pineapple is a delicious and great fruit to have everyday. It is available throughout the year, and it is also low in calorie count. It has great health benefits, and a few pieces of pineapple everyday can benefit you in several positive ways.
However, when you buy a pineapple, it is important that you choose the right one to get the right taste.Pineapple can taste very sour if it is not ripe. Looking at the pineapple, it gets very difficult to judge whether it is ripe or not. You cannot feel it as the skin is very thorny and hard. One of the best ways to judge a pineapple for its ripeness is by smelling it. If you get the ripe pineapple smell or a sweet smell which could be very strong, then you can be sure that it is ripe.
However, if you do not get the smell and cannot judge the ripeness for some reason, then take a look at it closely. Look for a dark brown color. It should be brown in color and the leaves should be very dark green in color. A ripe pineapple will be brown with very little green color visible on the hard surface of the skin. You need to look between the gaps of the thorns to judge. When you cut open the pineapple, it should look light yellow in color. If it is this color, then it is ripe. If it is going to be sour, it will sport a whitish yellow color.
Choose a pineapple that is round and big in size. The fruit has a cylindrical round shape. So, choose a big brown one to be sure.
More Articles :
- Can You Freeze Fresh Pineapple ?
- How Do You Cut A Pineapple ?
- How Long Does It Take To Grow A Pineapple ?
- How Many Calories In Pineapple ?
- How To Pick A Ripe Pineapple ?
- How To Root A Pineapple ?
- How To Take Care Of A Pineapple Plant ?
- Is Pineapple Good For You ?
- Pineapple Nutritional Facts
- Unique Facts About The Pineapple
- What Does The Pineapple Symbolize ?
- What Is The Life Cycle Of A Pineapple ?
- What Kind Of Fruit Is A Pineapple ?
- What Vitamins Are In Pineapple ?
- When Is A Pineapple Ripe ?