Strawberries are very useful berries because you can make so many delicious things with them. You can bake a cake, make chocolates and even jam. Making strawberry jam is interesting and because it is durable, it is worth it.
You do not have to add any preservatives, and it is a natural product that you are making.You will need some basic ingredients to make the strawberry jam like fresh strawberries, sugar, strainer and color if you like to add.
Boil water in a kettle and add the strawberries to it. Cook the strawberries on medium heat until they are completely soft. Do not add a lot of water. Add just about enough for making the jam. Strain the water and let the strawberry collect in the strainer. Keep the water aside as you will need it again to dissolve the sugar and make the jam in the end. Mash the strawberries to pulp using a good masher. Everything should be a fine pulp. Keep applying pressure, and transfer pulp to a cheese cloth. Keep on squeezing the cheese cloth until the thick strawberry juice drips down from the cloth completely. In the end, only the seeds that are too tiny and the stringy pulp should be left in the cloth.
Add this thick juice to the sugar syrup you have on the stove. To make the sugar syrup you will need the water you have kept aside and add the sugar. Keep stirring it until the sugar dissolves completely. Avoid crystallization. Make sure the syrup thickens to the desired consistency. Allow the jam to set and later transfer to air tight containers. Store them in the fridge.
More Articles :
- Best Frosting For Strawberry Cake
- Best Strawberry Jam Recipes
- Care Of Strawberry Plants
- Easy Strawberry Pie Recipe
- Growing Tips For Strawberry Plants
- How To Make Strawberry Cheesecake ?
- How To Make Strawberry Frosting ?
- How To Make Strawberry Smoothies ?
- How To Plant Strawberry Plants ?
- Strawberry Facts
- Strawberry Harvest Season
- Strawberry Origin
- Tips For Gardening Strawberry Planters
- What Does A Strawberry Plant Look Like ?
- Why Is A Strawberry Called A Strawberry ?