Strawberries are nice berries to eat and they are also very healthy of you. If you like to grow your own strawberries, then you need to put in a lot of effort in growing this plant. It is not that easy to grow and maintain it.
One of the main things you need to keep in mind while growing strawberry plants is mulching the soil. The bottom of the plants needs to be dry, and then only they give out the desired fruits.If weeds grow, then they will not allow the strawberry plants to grow. As soon as you plant the berries, you need to mulch them. If there is a low temperature, then the mulch will provide the heat and prevent the plants from developing root rot. The weather should not be too hot or too cold for strawberries to grow. The mother plant in strawberries will keep sending out shoots which may later cause a problem. If you want more plants, then you have to leave the runners and also help them grow over the mulch. Also, keep checking the bottom of the bushy plant for rotten leaves and keep cleaning them off. But you can leave the leaves on the ground as they make good organic fertilizer.
Weeding has to be done. This goes without saying. Lift the bushy undergrowth and check if there are weeds. The entire strawberry patch that you are maintaining should be free of weeds. Strawberry plants need maintenance and you have to keep thinning the growth. During the first season of growth, remove all the flowering stems so that the berries do not grow. You need to pinch the bottom of the flower. Flowers have to be removed for the longevity of the plant. This way the next fall you will get red and succulent strawberries.
More Articles :
- Best Frosting For Strawberry Cake
- Best Strawberry Jam Recipes
- Care Of Strawberry Plants
- Easy Strawberry Pie Recipe
- Growing Tips For Strawberry Plants
- How To Make Strawberry Cheesecake ?
- How To Make Strawberry Frosting ?
- How To Make Strawberry Smoothies ?
- How To Plant Strawberry Plants ?
- Strawberry Facts
- Strawberry Harvest Season
- Strawberry Origin
- Tips For Gardening Strawberry Planters
- What Does A Strawberry Plant Look Like ?
- Why Is A Strawberry Called A Strawberry ?