There is a right harvesting time for every kind of fruit in the world. During fall, you see ripe red strawberries neatly packed in boxes adorning the shelves of stores.
Harvesting strawberries takes expertise, but it is also a lot of fun. One should know how to pick them and should look for the right qualities in the fruit.Strawberries have to be picked at the right season and when they are ripe. They are known for their rich juicy taste, and these are the qualities you should look for while picking them. If you are buying strawberries, then look for bright red colored ones with green caps. If they are overripe, they will look maroonish and dark. Avoid such berries. Go for the ones that are the brightest red as they are the juiciest ones. You can see the color of the juice when you look at the strawberry itself. Also, the leaves on the top will be a bright green.
If you are picking them off a tree, then remember that once they bloom it takes about a month for the berries to become red and juicy and ready to be picked. You will instantly know that they are ripe by looking at them. Also, the best thing about the strawberry is that as you pluck them you will get more berries. The tree will keep producing strawberries throughout the growing season.
Strawberries start as flowers, and then become tiny berries. After that they become big white berries and then start gaining the rich red color identified with strawberries. Even if you notice a single speck of white, the fruit is not ready yet to be plucked.
More Articles :
- Best Frosting For Strawberry Cake
- Best Strawberry Jam Recipes
- Care Of Strawberry Plants
- Easy Strawberry Pie Recipe
- Growing Tips For Strawberry Plants
- How To Make Strawberry Cheesecake ?
- How To Make Strawberry Frosting ?
- How To Make Strawberry Smoothies ?
- How To Plant Strawberry Plants ?
- Strawberry Facts
- Strawberry Harvest Season
- Strawberry Origin
- Tips For Gardening Strawberry Planters
- What Does A Strawberry Plant Look Like ?
- Why Is A Strawberry Called A Strawberry ?