Watermelon is a highly nutritional fruit. It is good for weight reduction, and maintenance of overall health. It has minerals, vitamins, and phytochemicals.
It also contains dietary fiber to enhance daily digestion. A watermelon is a large fruit. So, even one slice can be a large serving.Eating a lot of fruit does not make you put on weight even though the carbohydrates or calories count is high. There are only 11.5 grams of carbohydrates in a large fruit of watermelon. Most of the fruit contains water and pulp. Watermelon is also effective in controlling blood sugar levels. Several people think the opposite. They believe that the watermelon being high in sugar is not good for diabetic patients as eating the fruit will increase the patients blood sugar levels.
On the contrary to that belief, watermelon is advised by several dieticians for weight loss. It is lower in the Glycemic index and adds value to a low carbohydrate diet. Any food that indicates a lower Glycemic index can enhance the weight loss, and also put you on a fast track to losing weight.
In watermelon the total number of carbohydrates and its net value is only 10.9 grams. That is pretty low for a fruit of that size. Even a fruit like pineapple or papaya has more carbohydrates. Several people get scared that eating watermelon may make them put on more weight. However, that is a misconception. A watermelon actually helps weight loss, and there is nothing to worry about.
More Articles :
- Carbohydrates In Watermelon
- Does Watermelon Make You Fat ?
- History Of Watermelon
- How Much Sugar Is In Watermelon ?
- How To Make A Watermelon Smoothie ?
- How To Pick A Sweet Watermelon ?
- How To Plant Watermelon ?
- Is Watermelon A Fruit Or Vegetable ?
- Is Watermelon Good For You ?
- Is Watermelon Healthy ?
- Origin Of Watermelon
- Tips For Growing Watermelon
- Watermelon And Diabetes
- Watermelon Calories
- Watermelon Growing Problems
- Watermelon Growth
- Watermelon Nutritional Facts
- What Vitamins Are In Watermelon ?
- When Is A Watermelon Ripe ?
- When To Pick Watermelon ?