Watermelon is a very healthy fruit to eat everyday. Most people like to eat it in summers as they relate to it as a summer fruit.
However, because of the health benefits of a watermelon, having a serving everyday does no harm. Also, watermelon is available throughout the year in the United States.It is a sweet, crunchy and watery fruit that is high in fructose, and can give you instant energy. Watermelon has a high content of lycopene and cartenoids. These are extremely good antioxidants. Antioxidants help the skin to look younger for a longer period of time. Also, antioxidants prevent skin from degenerating and keep it elastic. Lycopene also has several benefits for the skin, and can prevent conditions like cancer. Lycopene gets into the blood stream and kills the free radicals that are found in the body. Free radials are considered very dangerous because they can collect in the body and cause cancer; they can block airways in patients suffering from asthma; and they can also cause heart attacks.
Vitamin C in watermelon helps in healing of wounds, increases the body's resistance and also gives the immune system a boost. The combination of Vitamin A and Vitamin C found in watermelon helps to improve the symptoms of arthritis. It prevents the joints from getting inflamed.
Watermelon improves digestion and also prevents colon cancer. Colon cancer is increasingly becoming common, and it can be controlled by having a daily helping of watermelon.
All this clearly shows that watermelon is extremely good for health.
More Articles :
- Carbohydrates In Watermelon
- Does Watermelon Make You Fat ?
- History Of Watermelon
- How Much Sugar Is In Watermelon ?
- How To Make A Watermelon Smoothie ?
- How To Pick A Sweet Watermelon ?
- How To Plant Watermelon ?
- Is Watermelon A Fruit Or Vegetable ?
- Is Watermelon Good For You ?
- Is Watermelon Healthy ?
- Origin Of Watermelon
- Tips For Growing Watermelon
- Watermelon And Diabetes
- Watermelon Calories
- Watermelon Growing Problems
- Watermelon Growth
- Watermelon Nutritional Facts
- What Vitamins Are In Watermelon ?
- When Is A Watermelon Ripe ?
- When To Pick Watermelon ?