It is always a good idea to use natural measures for pest control for houseplants. This is because the pesticides and insecticides are highly toxic. In fact, it is believed that in the houses where pesticides are used, children under 10 in those houses are 4 to 6 times more prone to leukemia.
Some of the natural ways for pest control are:
- Adding plants that repel pests. Some such plants are Basil, Tomato, Anise, Thyme, Radish, Garlic, Onion, Turnip, Marigold, Oregano, Rosemary, Lavender, Fennel, Mint, Coriander, Lettuce, Parsley etc. These plants help in protecting other plants from pests.
- Using non toxic pesticides at home. One can grind 3 large onions, 3 hot peppers and 1 bunch of garlic. After grinding these, one should put the mixture in a covered container and leave it overnight. After straining this is the morning, one should add enough water to make gallon of pesticide.
- You can also make a mixture of 1 tablespoon liquid dishwashing soap and 1 cup cooking oil. 3 tablespoons of this concentrate mixed in a quart of water can be used to spray on plants.
- Soak citrus rinds, that is rinds of lemon, grapefruits and oranges, in water for a few days. This also can be used to be sprayed on the plants.
More Articles :
- Benefits Of Houseplant Water Timer
- Do Houseplants Cause Health Problems ?
- Houseplants With Segmented Stems
- How To Get Rid Of Aphids On Houseplants ?
- Hydrangea As Houseplant
- Natural Pest Control For Houseplants
- Red Velvet Houseplant
- Remedy For Soft Brown Scale On Houseplants
- What Houseplants Clean Our Air ?
- What Houseplants Require Full Sun ?
- When To Move Houseplants Outdoors ?
- Why Are My Houseplants Turning Yellow And Wilting ?
- Why Is The Drainage Water From Houseplants Coffee Colored ?
- Zinc Absorption Houseplant