Zinc is considered to be one of the essential micronutrients for the growth of both indoor and outdoor plants. Plants require this nutrient basically for their growth. If the soil is found to be suffering from zinc deficiency, it will surely affect the growth of the plant. Hence, zinc fertilizers are used to enhance and maximize the absorption level of zinc.
These are available at online stores. Most zinc fertilizers are extremely environmentally friendly and excellent for houseplants. Researchers have also certified the chelated zinc fertilizer to be micronutrient and effective, more particularly for corn plants as deficiency of zinc can affect the growth of corn badly. The researchers at the Utah State University have found that the concentration level of zinc in plants increases significantly with the fertilizer.
Zinc is one among the other essential elements like calcium, molybdenum or magnesium that are required for the growth of a plant in addition to the water-soluble fertilizers. These nutrients need to be adequately used but not more than one or two times in a month. Simultaneous usage of the nutrients as well as the elements will enable the plants to absorb what is necessary for them as per their requirement.
Deficiency of even one micronutrient will leave houseplants with yellow leaves even though you will be able to see green veins. Particularly, houseplants like citrus face these deficiencies and require zinc and other micronutrients. Zinc can be absorbed by houseplants from seaweed that contains zinc besides other nutrient elements like iron.
More Articles :
- Benefits Of Houseplant Water Timer
- Do Houseplants Cause Health Problems ?
- Houseplants With Segmented Stems
- How To Get Rid Of Aphids On Houseplants ?
- Hydrangea As Houseplant
- Natural Pest Control For Houseplants
- Red Velvet Houseplant
- Remedy For Soft Brown Scale On Houseplants
- What Houseplants Clean Our Air ?
- What Houseplants Require Full Sun ?
- When To Move Houseplants Outdoors ?
- Why Are My Houseplants Turning Yellow And Wilting ?
- Why Is The Drainage Water From Houseplants Coffee Colored ?
- Zinc Absorption Houseplant