Bad breath is caused by bacteria living and proliferating in the mouth. These bacteria decompose the residues of the food, thereby releasing sulphur. Bacteria can live in the interspaces between the teeth, in the cavities of the teeth or on the tongue.
Extreme cases of bacterial infection could cause pus formation in the gums that cause severe offensive odor. The causes of bad breath include poor gums, non-chewed food trapped between teeth, eating greasy food, diabetes, sinusitis, constipation, dental problems like cavities and poor digestive or respiratory system.
Some home remedies for bad breath are:
- Drink half a cup of boiled water with fenugreek seeds
- An apple after a meal can also fight bad breath,
- Mint leaves, cloves, etc. get rid of bad breath and keeps the mouth wet and fresh
- Guavas are a common remedy for bad breath as they contain some useful chemicals like oxalic acid, malic acid and minerals like calcium. All these chemicals help gums and teeth, avoid bad breath, make teeth strong and prevent them from bleeding.
- Rinsing your mouth with lime juice and salt also helps fight bad breath.
Herbal remedies that help fight bad breath are:
- Chewing a fresh bark of babul tree makes the teeth stronger and prevents bad breath that emanates from them.
- Holy basil treats all kinds of mouth infections including bad breath
- Pepper is an excellent agent in treating foul breath
- Clove is the most commonly used herb in dental treatments.
More Articles :
- Are Freeze Or Dried Herbal Supplements Better ?
- Debates On Requirements For Herbal Supplements
- Herbal Medicines And Interactions With Drugs
- Herbal Remedies For Bad Breath And Tooth Infection
- Herbal Remedies For Pinched Nerve
- Natural Herbal Remedies For Cholesterol
- The Other Side Of Herbal Medicines
- Top Herbal Medicine Used To Decrease Blood Pressure