When surrounding tissues like muscles, bones and cartilage put too much pressure on a nerve, it is known as a pinched nerve. The nerve is unable to perform its function and causes pain, weakness and numbness. A pinched nerve can occur anywhere in the body. A pinched nerve in the wrist can result in pain in your hands and fingers.
The signs and symptoms of a pinched nerve are:
- Reduced sensation and numbness in the area of the nerve
- ‘Pins and needles’ sensation
- Severe pain
- The affected area experiences muscle weakness
- A feeling that a particular part of the body has fallen asleep
Situations that may cause tissues to compress a nerve are - poor posture, osteoarthritis, injury and obesity. If the pressure is for a short time, there is no lasting damage. If the pressure continues for a long period, chronic pain and permanent damage to the nerves takes place.
Herbal medicine is a traditional medicine made from plants and plant extracts. Herbs not only cure a disease but can reverse some health-inhibiting conditions. Herbal anti inflammatories like ginger, turmeric, rosemary and bromelain can decrease pain. If there is acute pain, a combination of these should be taken thrice a day. If the pain is moderate, once or twice a day is adequate. Fish oil supplements are also useful. Calcium and magnesium are extremely effective for muscle contraction and relaxation.
An anti inflammatory diet will be of great assistance towards a cure. Diet is the key to relief. Such a diet is high in vegetables, fruits, whole grain; moderate in fish, dairy and olive oil; low in sugar and fried foods. A gentle massage with hot oil is effective.
More Articles :
- Are Freeze Or Dried Herbal Supplements Better ?
- Debates On Requirements For Herbal Supplements
- Herbal Medicines And Interactions With Drugs
- Herbal Remedies For Bad Breath And Tooth Infection
- Herbal Remedies For Pinched Nerve
- Natural Herbal Remedies For Cholesterol
- The Other Side Of Herbal Medicines
- Top Herbal Medicine Used To Decrease Blood Pressure