Advantage of Stem Cell ResearchStem cell research is perhaps one of the hotly debated topics in this decade. It is also very cutting-edge technology which has potential to revolutionize medicine. The benefits of stem cell research is endless to humanity, because stem cell can transform into other type of cells like heart cells, brain cells, kidney cells, liver cells, etc. There are 3 types of stem cells.
Until recently, researchers primarily focus on two types: embryonic stem cells and somatic stem cells. Embryonic stem cells have the ability to virtually transform into all tissue types in human body, and they can only be found in human embryos. Somatic stem cells are also known as “Adult Stem Cells.” They can be found in umbilical cord blood and numerous adult tissues. The third type of stem cells do not really receive much attention from the scientific community due to its limitation of regenerative potential.
Advantage of Stem Cell Research :
- It is an important tool in numerous medical studies like regenerative medicine and therapeutic cloning.
- It provides insight to the treatment of today incurable diseases like Alzheimer, Parkinson, Cancer, diabetes, and spinal cord injuries, etc.
- In the future, organs and limbs may be reproduced in a laboratory. Today, the demand for organ donation outweighs the supply.
- Drugs can be tested more effectively without using human or animal subjects.
- Scientists can better understand the science of human growth and development. A more comprehensive understanding is crucial for treatment and prevention of abnormal fetus.
- Stem cell may research may hold the key to reverse effects of aging. Thus, we can live longer.
More Articles :
- Stem Cell Facts
- Advantage of Stem Cell Research
- Disadvantages of Stem Cell Research
- Stem Cell Treatments for Cancer
- Stem Cell Treatment for Parkinsons
- History of Stem Cell Discovery
- Stroke Stem Cell Therapy
- Stem Cell Treatments For Autism
- Controversy In Stem Cell Research
- Stem Cell Therapy for Diabetes
- Stem Cell Treatment for Cerebral Palsy
- Spinal Cord Injuries And Stem Cell