|A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
Heart attack and antibiotics have a strange relationship. Either antibiotics can cause a heart attack or reduce the chances of you getting one. It also depends on the kind of antibiotic you are taking. An antibiotic is typically a drug that is given to stop a bacterial infection from further damaging your system. Bacteria are harmful and also can prove to be fatal if not checked in time.
Antibiotics actually do not have any direct relationship with a heart attack. One of the main reasons being heart attack is a condition and not an infection and it cannot be treated with drugs like antibiotics. However, as a side effect an antibiotic can help reduce the chances of heart attack in an individual. A research done in Finland shows those antibiotic therapies can actually reduce the risks of heart attack or a myocardial infection considerably. (See Reference 1) Does this mean that a person prone to heart attacks should start having antibiotics? However, a doctor or a cardiologist would be in the best position to answer such a question.
Most of the infections that occur are typically characterized by a fever or there can be several other associated symptoms like skin conditions or cough or sneezing and so on. Usually people take antibiotics to bring these symptoms down and also stop the virus or bacteria from multiplying. However, the same antibiotic is also working exactly like the immune system in your body. Any antibiotic attempts to take out everything that is harmful from the body including the conditions that cause a myocardial infraction. So, as a side benefit they may end up reducing the risks of heart diseases. However, antibiotics are taken for a limited period of time and their benefits also are limited to that amount of time. (See Reference 1)
More Articles :
- 10 Signs Of Heart Attack
- Alcholism And Heart Attack
- Anxiety Attacks And Heart Attacks
- Calcium Supplements And Heart Attacks
- Can You Have A Heart Attack And Not Know It ?
- Confusion After Heart Attack
- Cure And Treatment Of A Heart Attack
- Early Heart Attack Symptoms In Women
- Early Heart Attack Symptoms
- Heart Attack And Age Statistics
- Heart Attack And Antibiotics
- Heart Attack Signs And Symptoms
- How Long Does A Heart Attack Last ?
- How To Act In Time For Heart Attack ?
- Precautions After Heart Attack
- Silent Heart Attack Symptoms
- What Does A Heart Attack Feel Like ?
- What Occurs During A Heart Attack ?