|A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
Pneumonia is a disease which infects the lungs of a person. This is a contagious disease, which can be spread easily. But the exact number of days it remain contagious depends on many factors, like the number of days the disease stays in the body, medication and the immunity power of the infected person.
People worldwide are getting pneumonia very often, and are now educating themselves about this deadly disease. If it is known in the first stages, it is fine and good. But, if it becomes serious, it is dangerous.
First point to be kept in mind is that all kinds of pneumonia cannot be contagious. It is an external thing which causes the infection in the lungs. The symptoms such as flu and cold can be contagious. A person cannot immediately get pneumonia. It takes a long time to actually develop into a disease and show the symptoms.
Some viral strains can make the pneumonia contagious, but there is no proof that this happens. Viral strains are more dangerous because they can be transmitted via air from infected to a healthy person. But even if there are many people around an infected person, there are very few chances of others getting infected. But take precautions when you are with infected person. The infection is passed via air, so do not take risk.
After a person is infected and diagnosed with pneumonia, he will be on medication for a particular period of time, but the infection is still contagious. So, it is better to think that the infection is contagious for 10 to 14 days after infected person stops using the antibiotics or medications.
More Articles :
- Can You Die From Walking Pneumonia ?
- Difference Between Pneumonia And Bronchitis
- Elderly And Pneumonia
- How Is Pneumonia Spread ?
- How Is Pneumonia Transmitted ?
- How Long Does It Take To Cure Pneumonia ?
- How Long Does Pneumonia Last ?
- How Long Is Pneumonia Contagious ?
- How Often Do You Need A Pneumonia Vaccine ?
- What Are The Signs Symptoms Treatment And Medications Of Bronchial Pneumonia ?
- What Are The Symptoms Of Bronchial Pneumonia ?
- When Is Pneumonia No Longer Contagious ?
- Who Discovered Pneumonia ?