|A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
To know how often a person needs pneumonia vaccine, you first have to know the person's age. If a person is above 65 years, he needs only one shot for his life, but it will be better to get vaccinated before reaching 65 years. If a person is less than 65 years, the Centers for Disease Control says that there is no clear idea how many times a person needs to be vaccinated.
The patients, who get vaccinated against the pneumonia, are often advised to take one more dose after 5 to 10 years, but it is argued that it does not work any better.
You need to know how many times you have to get vaccinated and the years of gap that should be taken between the vaccinations. And, if the person is above 65 years, it is better to get vaccinated although you were never affected by this disease. If you are unaware of whether you got vaccinated or not, it is better to get a shot. Kids less than 2 years of age, and elder people with heart problems, diabetes and weaker immune system should be vaccinated.
The vaccination used for pneumonia is not live vaccine. So, people with weak immune system or immunity problems can also get vaccinated. Consult your doctor before you go for a shot.
You also have to remember that even though you are vaccinated, there are chances of getting infected with this contagious disease. So, it is better to be cautions than to go for a cure after getting infected. Eat properly; drink lots of water, and exercise daily so to avoid this disease from entering into your body and damaging your lungs. Also, maintain proper hygiene like washing your hands with warm water and soap frequently.
More Articles :
- Can You Die From Walking Pneumonia ?
- Difference Between Pneumonia And Bronchitis
- Elderly And Pneumonia
- How Is Pneumonia Spread ?
- How Is Pneumonia Transmitted ?
- How Long Does It Take To Cure Pneumonia ?
- How Long Does Pneumonia Last ?
- How Long Is Pneumonia Contagious ?
- How Often Do You Need A Pneumonia Vaccine ?
- What Are The Signs Symptoms Treatment And Medications Of Bronchial Pneumonia ?
- What Are The Symptoms Of Bronchial Pneumonia ?
- When Is Pneumonia No Longer Contagious ?
- Who Discovered Pneumonia ?