|A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
Pneumonia is a respiratory disease which was first described by a Greek physician called Hippocrates, who lived from 460 BC to 370 BC. He was known to be a great physician in medicine history. The contributions made by him were so important that he is called the father of medicine till today. However, it was Maimonides, who described the symptoms of pneumonia. He described symptoms like serrated pulse, sticking pain in the side and short rapid breaths.
Many people around the world are affected by this disease. The lungs get inflamed by this disease. Pneumonia is categorized into many types, which include viral pneumonia, parasitic pneumonia and bacterial pneumonia. The symptoms of this disease are chest pain, fever, breathing problems and cough.
Pneumonia is further differentiated into many types. Types of pneumonia are eosinophilic pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome and bronchiolitis obliterans organizing pneumonia. There are also types like opportunistic pneumonia, dust pneumonia and necrotizing pneumonia. The symptoms which are most visible are high fever, shaking chills and greenish phlegm.
In some of the cases, patients suffer from headaches, muscle aches and cough up blood. Some patients experience symptoms like low oxygen saturation, low body temperature and increased respiratory rate. The causes for this disease are irritants, microorganisms and some unknown causes.
The causes for viral pneumonia are adenovirus, metapneumovirus and respiratory synctial virus. There are also other causes like cytomegalovirus, herpes simplex virus and the influenza virus. The causes for bacterial pneumonia are legionella pneumophila, mycoplasma pneumoniae and chlamydophila pneumoniae.
More Articles :
- Can You Die From Walking Pneumonia ?
- Difference Between Pneumonia And Bronchitis
- Elderly And Pneumonia
- How Is Pneumonia Spread ?
- How Is Pneumonia Transmitted ?
- How Long Does It Take To Cure Pneumonia ?
- How Long Does Pneumonia Last ?
- How Long Is Pneumonia Contagious ?
- How Often Do You Need A Pneumonia Vaccine ?
- What Are The Signs Symptoms Treatment And Medications Of Bronchial Pneumonia ?
- What Are The Symptoms Of Bronchial Pneumonia ?
- When Is Pneumonia No Longer Contagious ?
- Who Discovered Pneumonia ?