|A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
Vitiligo is a skin disorder characterized by white pigmentation in the form of patches. Melanocytes are responsible for the formation of melanin, a substance, which imparts the characteristic skin color. Rapid destruction of these cells causes the skin to look de-pigmented, pale and white in color.
This is not a communicable disease but is hereditary. Natural home remedies are effective and do not have any side effects. Listed below are a few natural remedies:
- Soak Psoralea Corylifolia in ginger juice and dry it in a shady area. After the seeds have dried completely, grind it to form a fine powder. Mix one gram of this powder in a glass of milk and drink regularly for two months.
- Two teaspoons of duckweed and honey mixture in equal proportions is also effective. Have this concoction twice a day. Apply duckweed on the affected area and rub it thoroughly 5 times a day.
- Consume ginger juice twice a day. You can also apply a paste of red clay and ginger juice on the affected area.
- Apply a paste of sesame seeds and turmeric with some water on the affected area.
- You can also apply mashed papaya or papaya juice on the affected area.
Diet also plays a crucial role in preventing the aggravation of the disease. A combination of Vitamin C and Vitamin B12 rich foods is very effective in curing white patches. These vitamins are found in fresh fruits and vegetables. Eating citrus fruits like sweet lime, orange, etc. can help. Vitamin C is easily prone to oxidation and destruction. So, do not keep the fruits open for long periods. Bitter gourd, spinach, cabbage, broccoli, cucumber can also be included in the diet.
More Articles :