The signs and symptoms of panic attacks come into view abruptly and unexpectedly, without any warning or visible cause. Once they emerge, they take nearly 10 minutes to reach their peak. Usually, in majority of the cases, these signs subside within a few minutes, but they may take even longer than an hour in a few cases.
Some of the most common physical symptoms that emerge of a panic disorder or attack are as follows:
- Shaking or trembling of feet and body in general
- Cold and hot flashes
- Profuse sweating
- Upset digestive system and nauseous feeling
- Giddiness and light headedness
- Hyperventilation and irregular breathing
- Increased heart beats and heart palpitations
- Fear of death or losing control
- Feeling of getting choked
- General discomfort or chest pain
- Stress and anxiety
Even though the symptoms might be terrifying enough to scare you, they do not cause death. They usually surpass in a short while. However, as per a recent research, panic disorders and attacks in menopausal women can lead to heart attacks or brain strokes, which might become the cause of their death within 5 years. Also, elderly people with panic attacks are highly prone to cardiovascular diseases and abrupt damage of heart and brain muscles. Such patients are thought to be at a high probability of developing an ischemic cardiac disease that often leads to immediate death. In several cases, a panic attack is usually mistaken to be a cardiac disease or any other form of similar illness. Many people having these attacks are senselessly admitted in hospitals. These attacks generally occur without warning, but there are a number of indications, which signal the commencement of a panic attack in the offing.
More Articles :
- Best Medication For Panic Attacks
- Death From Panic Attacks
- How Long Do Panic Attacks Last ?
- List Of Medications For Panic Attacks
- Natural Alternative For Panic Attacks
- Signs And Symptoms Of Panic Attacks
- Tips For Panic Attacks
- What Does A Panic Attack Feel Like ?
- What To Do After A Panic Attack ?
- Why Do People Have Panic Attacks ?