Green tea is an excellent source of polyphenols and the content of polyphenols in green tea is much higher than other kinds of tea, namely black tea and oolong tea. Polyphenols are anti-oxidants that help to get rid of free radicals within the body. It is these free radicals that cause many of the health problems that people face, including elevated blood pressure.
The free radicals present in the body tend to cause damage at the cellular level. The havoc that they create in the cells can also lead to cancer and cardiovascular diseases. The anti-oxidants present in green tea helps in dilating the blood vessels so that the flow of blood can take place with ease. This, in turn, helps not just in lowering the blood pressure, but also in reducing the strain on the heart.
In order to ensure that you get the real and genuine quality green tea, refrain from purchasing from your local grocery store or supermarket. The quality of the tea in these places will not be good and you will not get the maximum benefit. Instead, the tea should be bought from either a Chinese market or a Chinese food store. Alternatively, the tea can also be bought online. Remember, there are different kinds of green tea available, but the most common one sold is Gunpowder of the lowest grade. It is this type of tea that is typically sold in supermarkets and grocery stores. This tea is not only cheap, it also stays fresh for a longer period of time compared to other kinds of green tea.
The best type of green tea, however, is the Dragon Well. It is known as Lung Ching in Chinese. This is extremely popular in China and is quite expensive. However, in Japan, another top quality green is consumed. This is the Sencha. It is sweeter in taste compared to Lung Ching and also cheaper. If you want to consume green tea on a daily basis to lower your blood pressure, you should be looking to consume Sencha. Also, this Japanese green tea is available easily in the US compared to the Lung Ching.
Now, coming to the question how much green tea should you drink to lower blood pressure. You should be looking to consume around 3 to 5 cups of green tea on a daily basis. However, if your bladder can stand more, then you will benefit from drinking more cups. Remember, you should never add sugar or milk to green tea. In case you like to drink sweetened tea, then think about adding some honey. For those, who are adamant about drinking their tea with milk, should be looking to add small quantities of skim milk.
More Articles :
- A Guide To Lowering High Blood Pressure
- Best Way To Lower Your Blood Pressure Without Drugs
- Can Blood Pressure Medication Cause Cough ?
- Can High Blood Pressure Cause High Cholesterol ?
- Chinese Medicine For High Blood Pressure
- Dangers Of Alcohol And High Blood Pressure Medication
- Does Lower Blood Pressure Naturally Happen For Seniors ?
- Fast Ways To Lower Blood Pressure
- Fruits And Vegetables That Lower Blood Pressure
- How Much Green Tea Should You Drink To Lower Blood Pressure ?
- How Music Affects Blood Pressure ?
- Normal Blood Pressure While Sleeping
- Physical Symptoms Of High Blood Pressure
- The Causes And Consequences Of High Blood Pressure
- What Are Nutritional Supplements Cause High Blood Pressure ?
- What Is Normal Blood Pressure Range ?
- When Is Blood Pressure Considered Too Low ?