What is the normal blood pressure range for an adult? This is a question that many people have asked. The normal range is considered to be between 120 and 129 mmHg systolic pressure and the diastolic pressure should be between 80 and 84 mmHg. If the systolic pressure is between 130 and 139 mmHg and the diastolic pressure is between 85 and 89 mmHg, it is considered to be high blood pressure. If the pressure is more than the high normal range, it is considered to elevated or high blood pressure. This is known as hypertension in medical jargon.
On the other hand, doctors consider that the optimal range of blood pressure in a person should be 120/80 mmHg. The good news is that there are many people who have this optimal range of blood pressure.
Blood pressure refers to the force exerted on the walls of the blood vessels when the blood is pushed through them. If the pressure exerted is too high, it will adversely affect the heart as the heart would have to pump harder in order to ensure that oxygenated blood reaches the different parts of the body. In the long term, this can cause damage to the heart and result in heart attacks. Also, when the blood exerts more pressure, it causes tiny tears in the blood vessels. When these tears heal, scar tissue formation occurs. This scar tissue can trap debris flowing in the blood and one of them is cholesterol. When this happens, the cholesterol builds up along the walls of the arteries leading to a condition known as atherosclerosis. This causes the arteries to narrow and harden leading to elevated blood pressure and heart problems.
So, knowing what is the normal blood pressure range is very important for a person. He or she can ensure that they take steps to maintain their pressure in the normal range. Hence, they will alleviate the chances of suffering from a stroke, heart attacks or any other problem related to the heart or the cardiovascular system.
It is important to note that elevated blood pressure is mainly caused due to poor lifestyle habits. People tend to eat unhealthy food and not do any exercise. This causes the blood pressure to spike up. However, by doing regular exercise and eating food that is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, devoid of saturated fats, consuming fresh fruits, vegetables and lean meat can ensure that blood pressure is maintained in the normal range. If you end up with elevated blood pressure, you will any way have to make lifestyle changes as well as consume medication to maintain your pressure levels.
More Articles :
- A Guide To Lowering High Blood Pressure
- Best Way To Lower Your Blood Pressure Without Drugs
- Can Blood Pressure Medication Cause Cough ?
- Can High Blood Pressure Cause High Cholesterol ?
- Chinese Medicine For High Blood Pressure
- Dangers Of Alcohol And High Blood Pressure Medication
- Does Lower Blood Pressure Naturally Happen For Seniors ?
- Fast Ways To Lower Blood Pressure
- Fruits And Vegetables That Lower Blood Pressure
- How Much Green Tea Should You Drink To Lower Blood Pressure ?
- How Music Affects Blood Pressure ?
- Normal Blood Pressure While Sleeping
- Physical Symptoms Of High Blood Pressure
- The Causes And Consequences Of High Blood Pressure
- What Are Nutritional Supplements Cause High Blood Pressure ?
- What Is Normal Blood Pressure Range ?
- When Is Blood Pressure Considered Too Low ?