Banana has two-way effect on the motions. For some people, it might just act as a means of firming the stools, for others it could result in diarrhea. It all depends on how a person reacts to banana and how many bananas are being consumed. Even the quality of the banana has an effect on it causing diarrhea or constipation.
People suffering from irritable bowel syndrome and constipation occasionally can find a lot of relief from consumption of bananas regularly. Banana actually consists of insoluble fibers that help in giving relief from constipation. At the same time, a person who suffers frequently from diarrhea, the same banana could act as a means of firming up the stools. Bananas are an indispensable part of BRAT diet that is usually recommended when a person suffers from diarrhea.
Having understood the value of banana, let us find out what is that particular thing in bananas that determines whether it will help us in constipation or diarrhea. It is actually the amount of ripeness that is the key factor in determining whether the banana will cause constipation or offer relief from constipation. Raw green banana is useful for firming up the stool. This kind of banana contains high amount of starch that helps in solidifying the stools, whereas a ripe banana contains fiber that helps in smooth movement of stools.Mayo Clinic states that banana causes thick stools. Have them moderately to avoid either diarrhea or constipation. According to Chinese traditional medicine, banana helps when the body experiences cold condition which results in watery stools, and at the same time, the banana can also help in treating the body when it experiences heat condition implying drying up of body resulting in constipation.
More Articles :
- Apple Juice And Newborn Constipation
- Are Bananas Good For Constipation ?
- Best Baby Formula For Constipation
- Can Sugar Water Help Constipation ?
- Foods That Cause Constipation
- Foods To Alleviate Constipation
- Gas And Constipation While Dieting
- Immediate Relief Of Severe Constipation
- Natural Remedies For Constipation In Children
- Treatment For Newborn Constipation
- What Causes Constipation ?
- What Causes White Tongue And Constipation ?
- What Type Of Specialist Specializes In Problems Of Constipation ?
- When High Fiber Diet Does Not Relieve Constipation ?