A stuffy nose occurs when the blood vessels present in the lining of the membrane of the nostrils become inflamed. This condition is known by several other names such as nasal congestion, sniffles or sinus infection. Usually, people who suffer from this are constantly looking for the best way to clean out a stuffy nose. The good news is that there are many ways in which a stuffy nosed can be cleaned and you should select one that best suits you.
Hence, all the possible ways of cleaning a stuffy nose can be labeled as the best. Usually the method that helps a person is considered as the best way to clean out a stuffy nose for that particular individual.
Here are some ways that you can use to clean out a stuffy nose:
- Irrigating the stuffy nose with salt water will help you stay away from painkillers. You can do a salt water inhalation to ease the stuffiness or you can use a non-medicated nasal saline spray to ease the discomfort.
- Dry air is known to aggravate the stuffiness experienced when a person has a cold or the flu. Hence, it is recommended that a humidifier is used to increase the humidity levels in the house and to ease the irritation experienced by the person.
- Eating spicy food or food that is peppery can help to clean out a stuffy nose. These foods are believed to be decongestants and are known to help with stuffy nose problem. A person should try to eat Sichuan, Thai or Indian food to get relief from a stuffy nose.
- In order to ensure that the mucus present in the nostrils and sinuses thins and flows out, a person should consume a lot of water. This will also aid in being the sinus membranes hydrated.
- As strange as it may sound, but exercise can actually help to clean out a stuffy nose. Try running up and down the staircase in your house to help clean out the stuffiness that you are experiencing in your nose.
- Many people get stuffy nose also due to allergies. So, it is important to find the cause of the stuffy nose which can be an allergy, flu or the common cold. Once you know the cause, select an over-the-counter decongestant to help you out.
- Do steam inhalation. This can be done by boiling a pot of water and adding some essential oils into the water. The best oil for stuffy nose is eucalyptus oil or menthol. Then inhale the steam coming from this water to ease the stuffiness. If you do not have these essential oils, you can also add a blob of Vicks to the water. It will have the same effect as the oils.
More Articles :