Consumer Law -- Where You May Lodge A Complaint  

        Usually you will be advised to get a lawyer to help you out with your consumer protection lawsuit. However, this is easier said than done, especially if you are the sole person and the amount involved is very low. In such a situation, you should be willing to file a complaint with the right authorities.

        The first complaint that you need to make is to the Federal Trade Commission. The FTC has a Consumer Response Center and this is where your complaint needs to be filed. It can be done online at the FTC website. In fact, this method of filing is recommended when dealing with bureaucracy.

        In case your complaint has something to do with laws prevailing in the state, then you need to file your complaint with the Consumer Protection Division. This division works under the purview of the office of the Attorney General. After filing your complaint, an investigation will be conducted and appropriate penalty or punishment will be levied against the offending party.

        Another way to file a consumer complaint is with a consumer protection agency. These agencies like Better Business Bureau will negotiate on your behalf with the offending party and assist you in reaching an agreement. Or else, you can also talk to someone at a consumers' union in your area.

        Sometimes, these ways of filing a complaint are better than resorting to legal action. This way too you can get the compensation for any injury or harm caused to you or your family member. However, there are times when you need a lawyer and you should only approach one who has the necessary experience in consumer law. The lawyer will negotiate with the party on your behalf and handle the matter in the right manner to benefit your cause.





Consumer Law -- Where You May Lodge A Complaint

2010 Legal News:

When Are Employers in Violation of Whistle Blowing Laws?

When Are Employers in Violation of Whistle Blowing Laws?      Employees who lodge complaints about company misconduct such as safety or health violations, manipulation of shares or similar, are called ‘whistleblowers’. Since employees who ‘blow the whistle’ are always scared of facing the wrath of their employers, there are federal and state laws in place, designed to protect them and as well as those employees who may be involved in the matter in an indirect manner.More...




Home  • Bankruptcy Law   • Business Law  • Constitution Law • CopyRight Law   • Criminal LawEmployment Law   • Family Law   • Immigration Law   • Legal Dispute      • Malpractice   • Personal Injury   • Real Estate Law   • Tax Law   • Traffic Law   • Trust Law Legal News

Consumer Law -- Where You May Lodge A Complaint )
Copyright © 2012, All Rights Reserved.