How To Handle Dispute With Next Door Neighbor ?
Having a dispute with the next door neighbor can leave a very bad taste in the mouth.
After all, you may end up living next to that neighbor for years and the last thing you need is a dispute. However, in case it happens, you should know how to handle dispute with next door neighbor.
How to Handle Dispute with Next Door Neighbor:
Here are some tips that will assist you in tactfully managing any dispute that may arise with your neighbor.
- Make sure you find out whether there is a homeowner's association or community guidelines before moving in. Usually the limitations imposed by the guidelines and the association discourage certain kind of people from moving into the neighborhood.
- Sometimes disputes happen because we tend to over react for something small. Therefore, before you go and argue or fight with your neighbor, take some time to organize your thoughts and study the problem objectively. Usually no one wants to deliberately upset a neighbor.
- In case you notice that your neighbor is deliberately trying to do things to cause a problem, you should make a list of all the problems. Try to include as many details as possible. This list will help you when you approach the neighbor to settle the disputes. And, if you decide to take legal action, you will have written documentation of all the problems.
- However, before taking any legal action, try to communicate with your neighbor. Usually a dispute can be settled just by having an open discussion. You neighbor might realize his mistake and apologize for it. And, that will be the end of the matter. But on the other hand, can get an angry reaction but you have to make sure that you try to sort out any problem with a dialogue first.
- In case your neighbor does not want to talk to you about the dispute, the best alternative is to write a letter. Make sure the letter is formal and gives all the details. However, do not threaten or talk about the law until you have consulted your lawyer.
- The last alternative that you have when it comes to handling dispute with next door neighbor is filing a formal complaint. This recourse should be taken when all other methods have proven to be futile. You can lodge a complaint with the homeowners' association. Or, if the matter is very serious, you can get advice from a lawyer.
More Articles :