Forty-six million people in the United States, which makes 21 percent of the total population of the nation, are smokers. Abstaining from the habit requires extreme conviction and many fail despite multiple endeavors towards quitting.
Some previous studies suggested that the intake of the selegiline pill could aid in reducing the cravings in those who desired to quit smoking. This particular drug used in either pill or patch form, is known for its effectiveness in treating medical conditions such Parkinson's disease, depression and dementia. More...
- Antidepressant Patch Does Not Help Smokers Quit
- Natural Home Remedies For Eczema
- Effective Home Remedies to Prevent Hair Loss
Research on omega 3 fatty acids has created a new landmark in medical science with respect to the consumption and positive role of fats in the human body. While there was a time when polyunsaturated fatty acids were rated unhealthy for consumption, today nutritionists canvass the intake of one such fatty acids called omega 3. This is designated as good fat and the intake of its 3 forms, namely DHA, EPA and ALA, are highly advisable.More...
- Benefits Of Omega 3 Fatty Acids
- How Much Omega 3 A Day ?
- Side Effects Of Omega 3 Fatty Acids
- What Is The Difference Between Omega 3 And Omega 6 Fish Oils ?
Omega 6 is the fatty acids that are quite common fats and are consumed by people on regular basis. These involve acids such as arachidonic acid and linoleic acid. They are known so just because of their chemical composition. These fatty acids can be derived from various food sources including the dietary items such as eggs, cereals, meat, whole grains, polyunsaturated oils that is taken from nuts and vegetables.More...
Trace minerals are also known as Trace elements which basically are found in soil, wildlife and plants. They are absolutely important for development and other functioning of things. There are approximately 72 elements responsible for proper body functioning and a healthy reproduction.More...
Magnesium is rated ninth with respect to its presence as an element in the universe. It is found on land and in water. Magnesium is found in more than 100 minerals, out of which it is present in the highest proportions in dolomite and magnesite. Dolomite seen in white, gray or pink consists of calcium magnesium carbonate and is utilized for numerous purposes.More...
- Foods With Magnesium
- Interesting Facts About Magnesium
- Low Magnesium Levels Symptoms
- Relationship Between Magnesium And Calcium
- What Is Magnesium Used For ?
- Where Is Magnesium Found In Nature ?
- Who Discovered Magnesium ?
As opposed to the popular belief, foods having low content of sodium have a good variety with regards to flavors that make them one of the most delicious foods, which also help in maintaining good health. People going through problems in the heart, high blood pressure, diseases of the kidney or other medical conditions can take advantage of such foods which would help them skip the excessive salt they have from their meals everyday. But, most of the processed food stuffs have high sodium levels, which make it difficult for people to choose the low sodium food.More...
- Effects Of Elevated Sodium
- Foods High In Sodium
- How Much Sodium In One Day ?
- Interesting Facts About Sodium
- Low Blood Sodium Symptoms
- Low Sodium Side Effects
- Signs Of Sodium Deficiencies
- What Causes Low Sodium ? In The Human Body ?
- What Causes Low Sodium ?
- Where Is Sodium Found ?
Any sort of tanning shows that the skin is being damaged at that area. Tan is caused due to the exposure to sunrays which consist of the ultraviolet rays that are very harmful for skin. These rays result in darkening of the skin. This may further lead to skin aging and also skin cancer. UVA and UVB both kinds of rays are responsible for DNA damage caused to the skin and finally skin cancer. According to FDA, the lamps that are used in various tanning salons produce both these types of radiation.More...
- Drug Treatments For Squamous Cell Skin Cancer
- Facts About Skin Cancer And Tanning Beds
- History Of Skin Cancer
- How Risky Is Skin Cancer ?
- Kids With Skin Cancer
- Prevention And Control For Skin Cancer
- Skin Cancer And Alternative Therapies
- Skin Cancer And Natural Treatment
- Skin Cancer Cure Rate
- Types Of Skin Cancer
- What Year Was Skin Cancer Found ?
Some people consider ovarian cancer as silent killer. This disease is viewed like this just because of the fact that people miss detecting this disease earlier and once it is detected in later stages then the treatment options are painful which seems really frightening to people suffering from this disease.More...
- Ovarian Cancer Symptoms
- Beginning Symptoms Of Ovarian Cancer
- Does Ovarian Cancer Cause Ovary Pain ?
- Homeopathic Remedies For Ovarian Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer And Scar Tissue Pain
- Ovarian Cancer Test Prediction
- Survivor Stories Of Women With Ovarian Cancer
- What Does Ovarian Cancer Look Like On Ultrasound ?
- Acupuncture And Ovarian Cancer
- Death From Ovarian Cancer
- Growth Rate Of Ovarian Cancer
- How To Avoid Ovarian Cancer ?
- Ovarian Cancer And Effects
- Ovarian Cancer During Pregnancy
Achondroplasia is a disease affecting the growth of the bones. The matter that connects the bones is called cartilage. In achondroplasia the cartilage is also affected. So, resultantly the growth of bone is stunted. Usually calcium is deposited in the cartilage, and in the normal course, it thickens and develops as bone.More...
- Cause Of Achondroplasia
- Current Research For Achondroplasia
- History Of Achondroplasia
- Physical Symptoms Of Achondroplasia
- What Is Achondroplasia ?
- Who Discovered Achondroplasia ?
Kampo is the word used for Japenese herbal medicines. The literal meaning of Kampo is the Way of the Han Dynasty. Han dynasty actually belonged to China. Hence, it is evident that Kampo actually migrated from China to Japan. This happened some time in the 17th century. Kampo has been utilized to treat primarily chronic liver and other inflammatory diseases.More...
- Advantages And Disadvantages Of Herbal Medicine
- Definition Of Herbal Medicine
- History Of Herbal Medicine
- Side Effects Of Herbal Medicine
- What Is A Herbal Medicine ?
The guiding principle of traditional Chinese medicines is the attainment of perfect balance in the human body. The Chinese consider that the human body is regulated by chi that can be interpreted as the force of life. This chi comprises of Yin and Yang that means the feminine and the masculine ethics. An appropriate balance between these two ethics would result in a good health. Therefore, the Chinese herbal therapy is all about bringing about a balance between the Yin and Yang.More...
- Acne And Chinese Medicine
- Chinese Medicine And Hair Loss
- Chinese Medicine And Liver
- Chinese Medicine For Colon Cancer Treatment
- Chinese Medicine For Neck Pain
- History Of Ancient Chinese Medicine
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Treatment For Canker Sores
For decades researchers are in the process of finding positive answers in the treatment of cancer. So far, cancer can be treated with the help of chemotherapy and surgeries in combination with certain medicines. Use of herbal medicines in treating some types of cancer has been quite successful. Researchers are now eying in a famous therapy of chelation, which is primarily used for detoxification of toxic metals that enter in the blood stream and cause serious implications, including death.More...
- Chelation And Circulation
- Chelation Side Effects
- Chelation Treatments
- Health Benefits Of Chelation
- What Is Chelation ?