If you are an expert witness in medical products liability lawsuit, your testimony will have to be based on sufficient facts and/or data; the testimony should be because of reliable principles ad methods; and you should have applied the principles and methods to the facts of the case.
However, a judge approval of expert witness in medical products liability lawsuit is required. In fact, a judge’s approval of an expert witness is required for any lawsuit. This means that you would have to pass the Daubert test. Under Daubert test, certain factors contribute to the reliability of the expert witness, and hence the admissibility of expert testimony. One of the factors is the general validity of the expert's methods. The trial judge will evaluate you and determine whether your testimony in the case is relevant and reliable. From you part, you should be able to demonstrate that the evidence you present as an expert witness fits the facts in the case and your opinions are based on scientific methods.
You will be questioned at length on your knowledge of the facts of the case, your opinions and the on what basis you reached those opinions. You should be well prepared as if you come out looking not too convincing as an expert, the judge will disallow your testimony and expert comments. You should make an effort to answer all questions calmly and logically while maintaining your credibility. The most important part in an expert witness testimony is being sincere to one’s beliefs.
More Articles :
- Grounds For Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
- Daubert V. Merrell Dow Pharmaceuticals Lawsuit
- General Electric Co. V. Joiner Lawsuit
- Kumho Tire Co. V. Carmichael Lawsuit
- Case Of Legal Malpractice Tort Without Defendant Expert Witness
- Judge Approval Of Expert Witness In Medical Products Liability
- How To Write Up A Medical Malpractice Expert Witness Report
- Legal Malpractice Insurance And Expert Witness