A virus attack can cause serious health disorders. A stomach virus infestation leads to gastroenteritis. Rotavirus, norovirus, etc. are a few organisms that cause this disease. There is considerable inflammation of intestines and the gastrointestinal tract causing severe pain and discomfort in the region. This leads to improper digestion of foodstuffs decreasing their transit time significantly. This will force undigested food to pass through the intestinal tract and be excreted without proper metabolism or absorption.
Symptoms of stomach virus include:
- Gastrointestinal disturbances: The affected individual experiences diarrhea due to rapid passage of foodstuffs though the intestinal tract. This also causes severe stomach cramps leading to pain in the abdominal region. Uncontrolled diarrhea has to be treated immediately to replace lost fluids in the body. Failure to replace fluids can lead to excessive dehydration. Death is also observed in rare cases.
- Fever: A viral attack is generally accompanied with fever. Stomach virus symptoms are no different. The person experiences a raised body temperature. This is generally accompanies with recurrent bouts of chills.
- Nausea: The person may feel nauseated. Vomiting is a very effective method and an in built defense mechanism by the body to throw or expel the virus out of the body. However, if the person suffers form excessive vomiting, a visit to the doctor is recommended.
- Lethargy: Excessive vomiting, diarrhea and fever leave the person tired and lethargic. Muscle weakness is a common symptom of viral attacks. The person’s overall health status and immune power will strongly determine his/her ability to cope with the vial attack.
More Articles :
- Difference Between Norwalk Virus And Stomach Flu
- Early Signs Of Stomach Cancer
- Foods That Get Rid Of Stomach Parasites
- How Long Before I Get The Stomach Flu ?
- How Long Is A Stomach Virus Contagious ?
- How To Cure Upset Stomach ?
- How To Get Out Of Bed After Stomach Surgery ?
- How To Loose Fat On Stomach ?
- How To Loose Weight Around The Stomach Area ?
- How To Reduce Stomach Bloat ?
- How To Treat The Stomach Flu ?
- Indigestion And Stomach Pain
- Natural Ways To Manage Stomach Cancer
- Stomach Bloating Causes
- Stomach Bypass Surgery And Diabetes
- Stomach Cancer Symptoms
- Stomach Hernia From Surgery
- Stomach Virus Symptoms
- What Does A Pulled Stomach Muscle Feel Like ?