The endocrine system is a fascinating system, and there are many cool facts about it that one might not have been aware of. Some of these facts about the endocrine system are as follows:
One interesting fact is that the endocrine system has no ducts. Therefore, the hormones it produces are released directly into the bloodstream. The blood then carries it to the various parts.
Also, the endocrine system is responsible for producing 30 distinct hormones. All these hormones have very distinct jobs to do.
The rush of adrenaline one gets when facing adventure or fear is the result of the adrenal glands production of epinephrine hormone, or adrenaline as we otherwise know it.
We must be thankful to the pineal gland for our sweet sleep. It secretes melatonin which regulates our sleep.
It is responsible for the production of insulin. The failure to produce insulin will result in diabetes.
The endocrine is the secret behind your energy levels thanks to the thyroid glands. The thyroid glands also help in metabolism.
The hypothalamus is the one that makes you feel hunger and thirst. It also helps in body temperature.
It aids the immune system by helping the body build resistance to disease.
The human behavior is also controlled by the endocrine system when it affects the nervous system.
It is accountable for sexual characteristics and development. It is the key player in regulating menstrual cycle and ovulation in women. It even plays a role in pregnancy by stimulating contractions during delivery.
In fact, the endocrine system has a hand in almost all functions of the human body.
More Articles :
- Body System Interactions With The Endocrine System
- Cool Facts About Endocrine System
- Could Brain Cavernoma Cause An Endocrine System Disease
- Endocrine System And Kids
- Endocrine Systems Overview
- How Are The Endocrine And Resporitory System Dependent ?
- How Do The Endocrine And Reproductive System Work Together ?
- How Endocrine System Affects Other Body Systems ?
- Muscles Used In The Endocrine System
- Natural Disorders Of The Endocrine System
- Relationship Of Endocrine Systems To Pregnancy
- Supporting The Endocrine System Naturally