Any disease or disorder of the nervous system has to be treated by a qualified medical practitioner. Even if the condition is mild, it is advisable to go to the doctor to take medical advice, and take the prescribed medication.
The brain can be affected with many diseases. Some of them are neurogenetic diseases such as muscular dystrophy and Huntington’s disease. Degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease are devastating. Alzheimer’s has become quite common in the western world, and causes dementia. This is due to the atrophy of cerebral cortex, and forebrain regions. Parkinson’s disease is caused by a slowing down of voluntary movements, and one can notice tremors in the affected person even while at rest.
Strokes and vascular dementia are types of cerebrovascular diseases. Gaucher’s disease is a kind of metabolic disease. Brain tumors are also damaging to the nervous system, while diseases like AIDS can wreck havoc to the system. The spinal cord is delicate, and can be damaged by accidents where it can get compressed, damaged or totally cut off. Cysts, multiple sclerosis and cervical spondylosis of the spinal cord can also affect proper functions.
The most common types of diseases in the peripheral nervous system are namely, Amyloid Neuropathies, Diabetic Neuropathies, Brachial Plexus Neuropathies, Mononeuropathies, Peripheral Nervous System Neoplasms, Neuritis, Guillain-Barre Syndrome, Nerve Compression Syndrome, Complex Regional Pain Syndrome and Polyneuropathies. These diseases affect the autonomic nerves, nerve roots, sensory nerves, ganglia, plexi and motor nerves. The affected person, though aware of his condition, might be unable to do anything about it. So, it is very important to seek medical attention in early stages of such diseases.
More Articles :
- Effects Of Tobacco Smoking On The Central Nervous System
- Excessive Yawning And Parasympathetic Nervous System
- How Does Alcohol Affect The Nervous System Graph ?
- How Does The Nervous System Effect The Brain ?
- How Is The Cental Nervous System Protected ?
- How Much Protein Per Day Quiet Sympathetic Nervous System ?
- Nervous System Fun Facts For Kids
- Nutritional Support For Parasympathetic Nervous System
- Peripheral Nervous System And Rami
- Points To Relax The Nervous System
- Tell Me About The Nervous System
- What Causes Problems With Sympathetic Nervous System ?
- What Diseases Are Found In The Nervous System ?
- What Is The Function Of A Nervous System ?