It is becoming a trend for people to go gray to reduce their scared feelings of growing old and look as stylish as mature. But, going through a transition from the hair that had been dyed all these days to natural looking gray hair is one of the difficult parts in going gray. It happens due the contrast that exists between the colored hair and the gray roots.
But, this changeover from dyed hair to having your hair gray can be achieved smoothly, if you follow the correct way, gradually without rushing into it.
- Go for a new haircut. Trimming off the hair over the collarbone in a modernly uneven style can make the look of your transitioning roots softer and would also hide it to a certain extent.
- Let your roots achieve 60 percent of grayness before doing away your hair color. What you can do instead of doing away with your hair color early is you can consult your hairstylist and have some highlights added to your hair. It can reduce the dissimilarity between the gray roots and the rest of the hair.
- Keep cutting your colored hair as it keeps growing. Gradually, you would find out that your hair look more of gray than the previous color that you used.
- Keep your hairstyle straight as your hair would transition into gray. It increases the shine of your hair to the great extent. Strands of silver or gray can make the hair appear dull. Sleek looks should make your hair look younger and shiny.
- Keep moisturizing your hair as it transitions into gray. Gray hairs are known to be more coarse and dry than other types of hair. You can use shampoos or conditioners that have been especially made for maintaining gray hair.
More Articles :