There are no known ‘all natural’ birth control pills though there are natural substances used in birth control though these are not in tablet form. Certain herbs and natural substances when ingested interfere with ovulation or implantation, and yet others are used to promote the onset of menstruation.
However, these are not known to be commercially available in the form of tablets. Some of these substances are wild yam, lime, lemon juice, wild carrot and neem (Azadirachta indica).
One of the biggest breakthroughs in modern methods of birth control is ‘the pill’ approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1960. Its approval and subsequent commercial availability revolutionized sexual habits the world over. It is universally available but does require a doctor’s prescription. In some countries like India with an acute population problem it is freely distributed at no cost amongst the suburban population and people from low income brackets. In fact, in such countries the government conducts strong and effective drives to encourage the use of the pill especially as the men have a natural aversion to the use of the condom or are unwilling to subject themselves to a vasectomy.
The Birth Control Pill (BCP) or oral contraceptive of today carries few risks and in fact offers certain health benefits. However, in some cases there could be adverse reactions. Hence, it is advisable to embark on the use of BCP’s only with the approval of a physician. BCP’s are synthetic hormones that maintain a consistent hormone level in the female body and in so doing prevent ovulation.
More Articles :
- All Natural Birth Control Pills
- Effect Of Vitamin C On Birth Control Pills
- Emergency Contraceptives
- Hormonal And Contraceptive
- How Do Birth Control Pills Work ?
- How Does Emergency Contraception Work ?
- Lactic Acid Jelly Contraceptive
- Pharmacists Views On Emergency Contraception
- Science Controversy For Birth Control
- Side Effects Of Stopping Contraceptive
- Symptoms After Going Off Birth Control Pills
- What Are Contraceptives That Can Protect You From A Std ?
- When Do Oral Contraceptives Become Effective ?
- Why Is The Female Contraceptive Pill So Effective ?